Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Workout Wednesday

So its Wednesday, hump day...did you go run hard with your friends?

I woke up at 6:00 to FK calling and saying, "ARE YOU READY?"

Hell no.  I was still sleeping so fifteen minutes to eat, go to the bathroom, feed the Lucy and tell KG, "Have a nice day!"

Thank goodness for good friends and not judging the crazy-I-just-got-out-of-bed look as you walk out the door to say, "Welcome to my humble abode."

Well, if I was more awake, I so would have said that. Anyway...

KBRC was pumping arms at 6:15 this morning.  With FK on the sidelines, she coached us through a killer workout 12 minute warm up/stretch, 4x4 min hard (finish the mile loop as a recovery) and then 12 minute cool down.  Now let me tell you, if I didn't have my friends there with me or Baldwin Basketball breathing down my neck at the top of the the hill I might have stopped and called it quits.  And if it wasn't for VF, with her supermom powers, those recoveries just would not be the same.




So is it about some special formula. No.

It's about finding what works for you and how YOU can HELP yourself.  No one can change your world for you.  You have to fully embrace it for you and not for anyone else.

I believe that we are all connected and that we are all here to HELP each other grow and become better people.  Ask your neighbor if you are in despair.  Call a friend if you have a question.  Be supportive of your family by giving them the resources they need to succeed ON THEIR OWN.

It is not your job to change the world, just to live in it, do your own thing to the best of your ability and as you are walking down the street smile and don't forget to tell someone else, "Have a nice day!"

-HG

If you want to be a part of the team in Kailua, e-mail KBRCHi@gmail.com.
If you want to be a part of something bigger, check out www.f3.com and join a local running club near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment