Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's not about the hills...

Workout Wednesday.
Today it was just us.  I posted the workout a little late last night for 6:15 start but whatever works.  VF and I were ready to tackle a 15 minute tempo through our community.  It started with a mile warm up around one of my favorite ponds and then we stretched and got ready to embark upon the hills.  The cool thing about this workout is that each hill you attack gets smaller and smaller so that you are working more on speed until the last rep where you are running on completely flat ground and its just you and the sidewalk.  You have no other barriers to hold you back.

We started with the first hill, man I was out of breath, granted I always start out fast but once I finished I  ran back to VF so that we could chill on the downhills and chat until it was time to tackle another then another.  By the time, got to the mailboxes for the last rep on the flat, it was a ONE MINUTE all out sprint to finalize the workout and WE DID IT.

Sometimes I think about why I run or why I started.  I was a hyperactive child and in between homework because I was the one and only my mom or dad would say, "Why don't you go out for a run, and then come back and finish your homework?"

If I had been born today and I had not had a very attentive mom, who let me do what I wanted and helped me when I asked for it.  I might have been labelled as ADD or ADHD. But I am not.  I learned that if I stay super busy and super engaged in everything and keep a list of the things that I am supposed to be getting done, it will be done.  Most importantly, as long as I workout most days of the week, I stay in a positive frame of mind and I can be a better person for my husband, my neighbors and my friends.

Just remember it's called being healthy and eating clean because its a lifestyle NOT A DIET.  So find a basic cookbook and start learning a few recipes, if you follow the directions you will be amazed at what  YOU CAN create.

Remember the people who got you to where you are today and thank them and give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.

Take Care,
-Coach G

No comments:

Post a Comment